Hot!Obsolete trimmer.

Author
jacassjoe
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/08/21 13:59:21 (permalink)

Obsolete trimmer.

Greetings all. I have mostly resurrected my old mac 2815 curved shaft trimmer. It has sat for about 15 years. New primer and fuel lines, plug. A bit of carb adjustment and it screams great. The issue now is the leaking vent on the fuel cap. Try as I may I can't find anything locally. I figured a gas cap would be pretty generic. Boy was i wrong. Online searches turn up a few but since mac has been out of production awhile these are rather expensive. Saw somewhere this engine may have been used on snapper 4-2110, stens 125-096, as well as echo with a number longer than I bothered to note. Lead me to assume third party builds the engines then others build their machines around that. Perhaps the fuel tank may be included in the engine package. Anyone have a clue how I can remedy this issue I would appreciate it. I hate to spend 20 bucks plus shipping for this part if another commonly available one would suffice. Even considereded sealing the vent off and rigging some sort of vent/check used for ATV tank breathers. Sorry the post went long.

1 Reply Related Threads

Mikel1
    • Total Posts : 609
    • Scores: 31
    • Reward points: 1
    Re: Obsolete trimmer. 2016/08/21 15:19:45 (permalink)
    Have you tried ebay? Seen one for 8.95 and free shipping on there.
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC