Briggs and Stratton mower wont start after already started a few days before

Author
Bmiller23
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2017/03/14 21:21:34 (permalink)

Briggs and Stratton mower wont start after already started a few days before

My lawnmower is only 3 years old. One day i decided to be nice to it and do some maintenance to it since i need it to last. I drained the oil and put new oil in it, i washed the air filter out and completely dried it out, and i drained the fuel and put fresh fuel in it. Started jusr fine but the front drive wouldnt work so i fixed that no problem. Started it again and let it just sit and run so it would get gas in the bowl and all that good stuff. Went back out there to mow and wouldnt start. I know its getting fuel to the engine because i primed it so much it was coming out the exaust a little. I let it get unflooded and tried again, and once again, no luck. Btw i checked the spark and its got plenty of spark. I dont understand why it wont start after already being run for the year. Someone please help me out i dont have the money to take it to a shop

4 Replies Related Threads

Mikel1
    • Total Posts : 397
    • Scores: 27
    • Reward points: 1
    Re: Briggs and Stratton mower wont start after already started a few days before 2017/03/15 14:53:28 (permalink)
    Still flooding, spark plug fouled out?
    We need fuel(not too much, not too little), compression and spark to run.
    Bmiller23
    Re: Briggs and Stratton mower wont start after already started a few days before 2017/03/15 22:18:01 (permalink)
    Bought a new spark plug and still nothing. Its got compression and spark and fuel and air... why wont it start!!!!
    MIJKA
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: Briggs and Stratton mower wont start after already started a few days before 2017/03/19 17:40:40 (permalink)
    Does it have the low oil shut down feature? Make sure it is on level ground, & has PROPER amount of correct weight oil (usually, but not always SAE 30) - filled TO the full mark on the dipstick - not under OR over.
    When you drained the old oil, did you tip the engine? You might've got oil &/or dirt into the carburetor, upper cylinder, air intake,or exhaust system(s). But then you did say it ran for a while.
    Fuel line shut off valve closed? Fuel filter plugged (if it even has 1?)
    Is the drive system engaged? Locked up? How about the "dead man switch"? Cable too loose/tight?
    On/off switch? Loose/broken wire(s) ?
    post edited by MIJKA - 2017/03/19 17:53:25
    Bmiller23
    Re: Briggs and Stratton mower wont start after already started a few days before 2017/03/19 18:42:31 (permalink)
    Thank you guys i got it figured out. Wasnt making enough spark to let it run. Thanks for helping me out... i was getting annoyed with it!
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC