Snowblower will not fire.....help!

Author
Jwagner
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/02/02 13:34:24 (permalink)

Snowblower will not fire.....help!

Hi, I'm a new member and have been looking for a forum that could help.

I have a snapper 10horse/30 inch snowblower, with a tecumseh engine. I have rebuilt the carburetor, changed head gaskets, fuel lines, shear pins , belts, spark plugs, and cleaned everything up. I can not get this thing to even try to pop. I have good spark, I have tried starting fluid directly. I haven't put a compression gauge on it but, I have soap bubbled it and have no major leaks. Which tells me it should at least try to start. If anyone has any suggestions it would be very appreciated. Everybody I know is telling me just to take it into a technician, but with all the time and frustration, it's all about my pride now. Thanks for viewing.

2 Replies Related Threads

EddieQ
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Snowblower will not fire.....help! 2016/02/03 18:04:58 (permalink)
    I would check the carb again. It also could be a clogged muffler
    Kimberly
    • Total Posts : 33
    • Scores: 1
    Re: Snowblower will not fire.....help! 2016/02/08 13:19:47 (permalink)
    I agree, probably a carb or fuel issue. Make sure you clean out your carb bowl, check your fuel line for kinks or clogs, make sure all of your hardware is screwed in tight and that the gaskets aren't leaking. Also, check your fuel cap to be sure that the vents are not clogged. Also, this may seem silly, but be sure that you didn't accidentally hit the fuel shut off valve! Did the starting fluid do anything for you? After checking out the things mentioned above i would try it again if you are still having issues.

Keep us updated! 
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC