Honda Power washer

Author
Eileen Dannemann
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2017/07/13 17:12:14 (permalink)

Honda Power washer

I have 2-3 year old Honda 160 power washer.  I am trying to clean out the carburetor.  My powerwasher is on a solid aluminum or stainless steel footing and the carburetor is above that.  I can get off the carburetor cover.  However, I can even get a short screw driver into the hole because the steel footing is in the way.  I got one of those L shaped screwdriver with a flat head and I still can't unscrew inside the carburetor hole.  What small tool and what "head" of the screw driver or tool goes in the hole to unscrew the pieces so I can clean the debris that is preventing my power washer from starting.  I have tried the L shaped flat head, the L shaped phillips head and hex tools.  What apparently "mini" tool do I need to have...what is the head?  Thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

Roy
    • Total Posts : 156
    • Scores: 2
    • Reward points: 1
    Re: Honda Power washer 2017/07/14 10:54:00 (permalink)
    Bite the bullet and remove the carburetor, it will be a lot easier.
    Eileen Dannemann
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Honda Power washer 2017/07/14 11:18:04 (permalink)
    Roy...what do you mean remove the carburetor?  I just have to figure out how to get a screw driver (what type..and mini mini) into the hole of the carburetor so as to clean out the particles in the interior nozzles that is preventing the flow of the gas.
    Roy
    • Total Posts : 156
    • Scores: 2
    • Reward points: 1
    Re: Honda Power washer 2017/07/14 14:56:58 (permalink)
    If you remove the carburetor you can turn it upside down to easily remove the jet and nozzle and give everything a thorough cleaning. First I would reinstall the bowl, drain the tank, it may have water or crud in it then put in fresh gas and try starting  it. That usually solves the problem.
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC