Not sure where to start.

Author
outforfun
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2017/10/01 18:41:55 (permalink)

Not sure where to start.

Hey guys I have a Tecumseh 14HP out of a 71-74 bolen's G14, I am looking to build it up to hopefully make around 20HP because I do garden tractor pulling and it just doesn't have enough in it and sometimes runs out of steam. That being said if I shave the head and bore it out how much would I have to bore it out and shave the head? And what cam would I need to replace the old one with? same with the piston and connecting rod. Any advice tips or if you have links to the parts need that would be great. 

2 Replies Related Threads

noisey
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: Not sure where to start. 2017/10/01 20:48:21 (permalink)
    Bore it as much as cyl. thickness will stand find old block saw it in two and see how thick it is will give you and idea,or if you have the funds have it sonic tested would be nice you can have piston made if you can find a good con. rod send me dimensions of rod and piston i have access to a lot of different motorcycle brands and a lathe and mill if you get good internals thats a great start is crankshaft on ball bearings? then you can figger out cam and oversize valves and stronger springs and then of course a carb. or some kind of fuel system maybe a little exotic fuels of course it gets a little expensive. good luck noisey.
    outforfun
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Not sure where to start. 2017/10/01 21:39:11 (permalink)
    Ok thanks I will start with that... I haven't opened up the engine yet so i'm not sure what the cam is. And in my club I cant run race fuel...has to be pump gas...but that doesn't mean I can't get 91 octane from the pump then add a little octane booster without people knowing lol. And as for the boring it out and shaving the head, well I know a machine shop around me that does that and I know the guy fairly well so he will probably know how much it can safely be bored out plus I will get him to do it.
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC