Hot!Snowblowers with power steering

Author
weverett1969
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2018/01/06 11:48:27 (permalink)

Snowblowers with power steering

I have a snowblower that the transmission went out on and I'm considering buying another unit. A family member has one that is practically brand new, it has power steering and is just too big of a machine for them since they are an older couple. My questions are: I have about an average amount of area, do you think these power steering units are difficult/frustrating to use in close quarters? And, I don't want another broken down unit, is the power steering just one more thing that can break down? Is it common to have trouble with it. My Craftsman tranny went out and I have to replace the whole transmission, and I bought a 4yr protection plan, so if it goes out again I hope to be covered. Would you sell the Craftsman (I paid $300 and think I could get that back) and buy this bigger unit with power steering for $400? (I don't know the brand unfortunately)
post edited by weverett1969 - 2018/01/06 11:51:10

1 Reply Related Threads

solts services
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Scores: 0
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Snowblowers with power steering 2018/01/22 08:49:33 (permalink)
    hi i can tell you that i dont understand why a new tranny had to be put in. unless its a hydro.the rest are friction drive and very easy to replace the friction disc. power steering is nice but sometimes hard to use and they do break i have a husky in the shop now thats power steering track drive and 1 year old that needs work done on the steering cause it doesnt work right.i need to know the brand name of the new one to make a suggestion.
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC