Hot!Carburetor Leak

Author
Jeffm5496
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2018/02/25 19:30:35 (permalink)

Carburetor Leak

I am struggling and think I found the issue. I replaced a carb (thought it was the problem). It seems that the gas leaks out from the carb against the carb protector. This happens when the hose is connected to the bottom of the bowl and the air port. If disconnected, there is no leaking. I did try to blow into the air port and there was no air flow. As I blew harder it seems like it cleared (wondering if it was a block between the hose and carb). When the hose was disconnected it also seemed as if the engine ran smoother and without surging. Is it possible this was/is caused by an air blockage? Trying to figure out why it dumps fuel with the line connected and when it’s dosconnected and venting to air it’s fine. This is a Honda Snowblower.

5 Replies Related Threads

farmerjake_01
    Re: Carburetor Leak 2018/06/24 18:39:58 (permalink)
    I have a John Deere LX 188. It would start right up and run for a few seconds, then shut off. You can start right back up run for few seconds and shut off. Tried cleaning carb but had same thing. Got new carb put it on and started right up and ran perfect but fuel gushes out of the little tube from on top of the carb. It  has a 17 HP Kawasaki engine on it. Hope someone can help me with this problem.

Thank you.
    Roy
    • Total Posts : 435
    • Scores: 11
    • Reward points: 1
    Re: Carburetor Leak 2018/06/25 01:13:43 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum. Is the new carb oem or aftermarket? The inet needle is not sealing, probably stuck in the bore.
    AVB
    • Total Posts : 491
    • Scores: 23
    Re: Carburetor Leak 2018/06/25 03:34:42 (permalink)
    either that or trash or pieces of the fuel line has lodged in the needle valve seat area. Sometimes old fuel line will break up as you slide it onto the nipple.
    farmerjake_01
    Re: Carburetor Leak 2018/06/25 07:58:36 (permalink)
    It is an aftermarket carb. It did that with the old carb too. I took the bowl off and everything was ok. It started to do that after the fuel pump was replaced. Could that have something to do with it?
    AVB
    • Total Posts : 491
    • Scores: 23
    Re: Carburetor Leak 2018/06/25 09:45:21 (permalink)
    farmerjake_01
    It is an aftermarket carb. It did that with the old carb too. I took the bowl off and everything was ok. It started to do that after the fuel pump was replaced. Could that have something to do with it?

It going to take some digging as you may a gravity fed which will not with a fuel pump.

Can you provide the engine model and spec numbers? Plus I would to know the info on the aftermarket carburetor.

As for old leaking after fuel pump replacement it might have been a worn needle valve and seat. It does take much to cause leakage something.
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC