Hot!Non ethanol fuel

Author
Slammer
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2018/04/22 12:44:43 (permalink)

Non ethanol fuel

Hi everyone, first post here. I was recently in Tecumseh, MI on a construction job, when I noticed that a local gas station had an isolated pump labeled 89 octane NON-ETHANOL, for about a buck more than standard ethanol laden fuel of the 87 octane. Not being familiar with this fuel type, I asked the attendant what this was for. He replied that N.E. fuel was better for small engines, and that he himself had been using it for about 5 years in all of his small engine equipment, as well as his seasonal use toys. Further, that since he had started using the N.E. fuel, he no longer had to use fuel stabilizers for storage, nor had he had to take anything in to the shop for fuel related failures, which had previously been prevalent. I'm not sure how many stations nationwide carry this fuel type, but I'm certainly going to give it try!

3 Replies Related Threads

AVB
    • Total Posts : 693
    • Scores: 31
    Re: Non ethanol fuel 2018/04/22 16:47:38 (permalink)
    With all the additives that both fuels have I still see problems even with customer that run the so-called pure gas. A few years I had one that the fuel lines on his chainsaws were going bad nearly weekly and he was using non ethanol
     fuel for his mixes. It turned out to be the fuel oil that was the culprit but the gasoline was getting the blame. I switched him over another brand of fuel oil and his problems went away.

Yes ethanol does has it problems as do regular gasoline. The biggest problem is the equipment owner are storage it in non sealed containers allowing moisture to mixture with 10% ethanol fuel blend. Ethanol actually attracts water from the air. Once it combines with the water it settles out causing problems.

I just finish up using the 5 gallons I brought last Fall and haven't any problems with my equipment. I did have one mower that had sat for 2 years that gave problems but was the fuel had dried up in the system leaving some water behind.

As long your using up the fuel in a couple months and refreshing it you should not have problems.
    Mikel1
    • Total Posts : 936
    • Scores: 39
    • Reward points: 1
    Re: Non ethanol fuel 2018/04/26 19:26:50 (permalink)
    Fuel related problems have always been there even before ethanol. I lIke to use nonethanol in my two stokes(motomix) since I rarely use them but use ethanol fuel for my mowers, tillers and atvs. It really boils down to how often the equipment will be used. I have seen bad gas straight from the gas station tanks.
    olevet
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Non ethanol fuel 2018/08/29 21:15:57 (permalink)
    Mikel1
    Fuel related problems have always been there even before ethanol. I lIke to use nonethanol in my two stokes(motomix) since I rarely use them but use ethanol fuel for my mowers, tillers and atvs. It really boils down to how often the equipment will be used. I have seen bad gas straight from the gas station tanks.

This is true. I sold a 06 EZGO gas engine golf cart a few months ago ran fine here . They got it home and couldn't get it to barely move out of its tracks . Took me 2 weeks to figure out they had stopped at a new station and bought gas with it still on the trailer,  Bad gas. drained the tank cleaned the carb and readjusted the valves ,it was good to go 

That being said the Non ethanol gas here is maybe 40 cents a gal higher. I wont use the ethanol in anything not designed for it. I think its maybe just a preference . 
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC