husqvarna self propel

Author
stillmowing@68
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2018/09/19 09:28:25 (permalink)

husqvarna self propel

I have a self propel mower and I am replacing the front wheel as they are now bald and the self propel is sporadic.  I watched videos and feel pretty confident. I have ordered the wheels. I know I have some sort of problem. One wheel was difficult to remove. The spindle that the wheel fits on look different, one is shiny and the other seems to have a ridge sleeve on it. The wheels that came off one has that rigid sleeve in it the other does not. So I guess the sleeve belongs in the wheel itself and is frozen on the spindle.  Can't be sure since the new wheels haven't arrived yet. My husband use to take care of these things but n ow I have to learn.  I'd like to order any parts I may need or find out how to remove the sleeve which appears to be frozen on the spindle.  Thank for any advise.

1 Reply Related Threads

stillmowing@68
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: husqvarna self propel 2018/09/21 09:02:00 (permalink)
    Well now that my new wheel arrived I can answer my own question.  The sleeve that was frozen onto one of the spindles was actually the inner part of the wheel which fits the wheel onto the spindle, sorry don't know proper name for it. With wd40 I loosened it, slide it off and was able to reinstall the new wheel. My mower now self propels again.
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC