Author
kendewitt81
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2018/09/25 08:51:12 (permalink)

Looking for features that are available with a specific engine

Hello all,

First time post, new member.  I love your site!  I was wondering if there was a list of engine model numbers for Briggs and Stratton that can tell you what features are available.  I have a 121S07-0020 I think (875 Professional Series OHV Electric Start Only with a heavy flywheel).  I was wondering if there was a similar engine with the pressurized lubrication (sump) as opposed to the slinger (splash) lube.  I have this engine mounted on a push mower and it runs fine, I just thought it would be nice to have the oil filtered, as oil lifetime seems to be significantly longer when the oil is filtered.   Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Roy
  • Total Posts : 505
  • Scores: 13
  • Reward points: 1
Re: Looking for features that are available with a specific engine 2018/09/25 11:18:20 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby kendewitt81 2018/09/25 11:22:21
Welcome to the forum! That kind of information is only available on the dealer site. Is it really worthwhile replacing a perfectly good engine/mower to extend service intervals? You can buy a lot of oil for that kind of money.
kendewitt81
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Looking for features that are available with a specific engine 2018/09/25 11:26:44 (permalink)
Hello Roy,

Thanks for the welcome!  To answer your question, absolutely not.  It was more a question of curiosity than necessity.  It only occurred to me the other day when I checked my significant other's lawn tractor and saw that the oil that had been used all season was still gold, despite cutting 7 or 8 times for half an hour at a time.  I'm a stickler for maintenance anyway, so the extended interval is not something that is really needed.

When you say the info is on the dealer site, is that one of those sites where you need a dealer account to see?  Just curious.  Thanks for replying!
Jump to:
Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC