Author
Hoosiers
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2018/11/10 14:20:16 (permalink)

Poulon Pro BVM200FE Leaf Blower Engine Problems

Good afternoon,

I am new to this Forum and appreciate the help I have already been able to read about how terrible this leaf blower is.  I decided to dig into threads after the leaf blower would not start.  I have followed pretty much all of the advice given.  I bought a replacement carburetor and changed the fuel lines/filter.  I replaced the spark plug and the air filter.  I actually had it running at one point but was unable to start the blower again after that.  I am using TruFuel 40:1.  Lastly, the engine starts when I use engine starter spray and runs for about 45 seconds.  I have tightened all the bolts that other people recommended.  

To me, it seems like a fuel delivery problem but I have changed the lines twice actually. I am looking for any help I can get.  Thank you in advance for the help.

John  

2 Replies Related Threads

AVB
    • Total Posts : 729
    • Scores: 31
    Re: Poulon Pro BVM200FE Leaf Blower Engine Problems 2018/11/10 15:19:34 (permalink)
    You must have the carburetor fuel lines correctly plumbed. Note the primer pulls air and fuel 1 out of the carburetor and is not pushing fuel into the carburetor. Check the following setup.

• Fuel line with filter goes the fuel pump side of the carburetor
    • Fuel line from metering diaphragm side to primer IN port.
    • Fuel line from primer out port to tank return

AVB
    • Total Posts : 729
    • Scores: 31
    Re: Poulon Pro BVM200FE Leaf Blower Engine Problems 2018/11/10 15:21:03 (permalink)
    Also if you can do a compression test. If it is below 100 psi you are wasting your time as the PNC is likely toast.
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC