Hot!Drive slipping

Author
Barry J
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2019/01/20 16:13:22 (permalink)

Drive slipping

I have an Ariens 824 snow blower with a Tecumseh engine. I bought it New in 2001.
Lately it seems my traction drive clutch, has been slipping , not moving like to should be. I adjusted it a couple of times, at this point,It does not appear it can be adjusted any more. When I opened up the case and looked at the friction disc last week , it did not look bad, but cleaned the clutch plate. There was a lot of oil and grease, all over the case in the case.
I started to run the blower today, and it worked fine for awhile, and then the blower would not move, especially under load. So,I attempted to adjust again, but worked for a while, and then started slipping again, then after awhile worked a little better.
I am thinking there is oil/grease getting on the disc and causing it to slip.
Any suggestions

2 Replies Related Threads

goose00
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Scores: 2
    Re: Drive slipping 2019/01/31 07:54:34 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    Hi Barry J, Thinkin I may be too late on this and (hopefully) you have fixed the blower. Anyway I am pretty sure the issue here is with the drive shaft bushings which are warn. It isn't a hard repair but a bit involved. This is the shaft goes thru a part of the housing which moves for and aft to engage the drive wheel.The disc fits over the hex end of the shaft that has the pulley for the belt from the motor. I hope this is clear enough to head you in the right direction. I did this on a similar unit and was surprised there is no way to lube this easily once put together. Good luck, tim
    Bigpal
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Drive slipping 2019/02/15 14:00:51 (permalink)
    Hi Tim, I just posted a similar experience on my Ariens Deluxe 28 and will give it a try. Thanks Kevin
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC