Author
Alex2749
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2019/02/10 01:33:06 (permalink)

Kawasaki GE4300A Generator Exhaust Valve VS other FE290D Exhaust Valves

Hi,

Is there anybody out there that knows why the FE290D Engine exhaust valve on my Kawasaki GE4300A Generator is locked in place by the spring retainer with key hole while the standard FE290D engines on other equipment have the exhaust valve locked in place with collets? Can I just replace my exhaust valve with the colleted version or is there a reason why the FE290D engine coupled to a generator has an exhaust valve locked in place by the spring retainer with key hole?

Regards, Alex.

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

AVB
    • Total Posts : 799
    • Scores: 32
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Kawasaki GE4300A Generator Exhaust Valve VS other FE290D Exhaust Valves 2019/02/10 08:14:08 (permalink)
    I learned not to question why an OEM does things as it makes my head hurt. I researched the exhaust and found it was used only on the GER30A (GE4300_) model series (13 versions). Kinda of a unique design and is currently unavailable from Kawasaki but as a few moments ago eReplacements still had two in stock.

The generator exhaust valve on the left and the other FE290D exhaust on the right.

It best to stick with the design setup as changing things can lead unintended problems. It does appears to have a special purpose design.

But if you want to experiment using it and don't wasting money and time then you can change to the other valve and keepers. Personally I don't recommend it except as an last ditch effort.
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC