Briggs Intek V-Twin running rough now surging

Author
stevenmwardjr
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2019/04/12 21:40:47 (permalink)

Briggs Intek V-Twin running rough now surging

So I'm having a problem with a Briggs Intek V-Twin, heres what happened prior to the issues starting.

I have a poulan riding mower whose single cyl died from a rod failure, I decided to swap to a intek v-twin I had around from another rider that had deck damage that rendered it unusable for mowing, I used it as a parts mower for a long while, the engine ran about a year and a half ago, it's been sitting since, the swap worked beautifully! The wiring hooked up the same and everything, I got everything bolted up and went to turn it over, it cranked a few times then finally got it to turn over, it ran smooth like it did a year and half ago, then after a few minutes it started missing, then finally it start surging, I'm thinking it's either choking out or getting too much fuel.

2 Replies Related Threads

AVB
    • Total Posts : 921
    • Scores: 37
    Re: Briggs Intek V-Twin running rough now surging 2019/04/13 06:02:24 (permalink)
    Very possible the carburetor will need a good ultrasonic cleaning and all the gaskets replaced. Depending on the carburetor the main jet need their o-rings replaced too.

Post the model, type, and date code from the engine's valve cover so I can look-up the engine IPL.
    stevenmwardjr
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Briggs Intek V-Twin running rough now surging 2019/04/13 13:16:47 (permalink)
    Ok sure, I solved the surging problem and it's running ok, still has a slight stumble, so the carb probably needs to be rebuilt or replaced, I'll post the info in a bit.
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC