The Jack's Small Engines Forum - Join Our Online Community
Reply to post

Hot!B&S 900 Intek Series...Very Quick Plug Foul...Issues inside Cylinder? Need Advice!

Author
JDBird
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2019/06/01 17:15:09 (permalink)

B&S 900 Intek Series...Very Quick Plug Foul...Issues inside Cylinder? Need Advice!

Howdy All, First Post here...I will try to keep it together. I have a lil bit older, but in great shape, Troybilt Super Bronco Tiller..It has a Briggs&Stratton 900 Intek Series engine on it. Recently cleaned out gastank & lines, new filters, new carb, oil & filter change, and new spark plug. After doing these chores the tiller fired up and ran like a champ for a few days, then you would start it and as soon as you lifted the handle bars 2 inches to begin moving, it would die..That turned out to be an Oil Level Sensor that I just disconnected and that problem was solved..Furthermore, a day or 2 ago I went to start it and no cooperation whatsoever. Didn't feel like it was even trying to fire. I disconnected spark plug wire and tested it..its good..then pulled the spark plug and was very surprised to find a plug less than a month old, that looked to be fouled, maybe a lil damp, with gunk all over the electrode. I'm not 100% sure this is the problem, but will know tomorow after install of new plug. But I am attaching a couple pics of the Plug with the formentioned Gunk on it..I was hoping that someone could tell me what in the heck is going on in the cylinder to be causing a new spark plug to look this nasty. Please let me know all your thoughts/concerns regarding this matter.. All comments, answers, and replies will be greatly appreciated! THNX in Advance! JDBird

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

AVB
    • Total Posts : 1103
    • Scores: 45
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: B&S 900 Intek Series...Very Quick Plug Foul...Issues inside Cylinder? Need Advice! 2019/06/02 09:01:27 (permalink)
    Looks like oil fouling. Do a leak down test to check the cylinder condition. It numerous cylinder related problems but the test will point you in the right direction most times. It can however also be a leaky valve stem seal which the test will not test for.
    post edited by AVB - 2019/06/02 09:02:55
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC