Hi new member, My tractor will not start, (yth20k46) no click, nothing, except hours meter turns on. Here is what I've done so far:
1. Replaced ignition switch
2. Replaced solenoid
3. Checked battery voltage ( 12v)
4. Checked the one 20 amp fuse I could find
5. Disengaged the seat safety switch and separated the contacts with toothpicks to eliminate faulty switch.
6. Crossed the solenoid poles, engine turns over
7. Direct jumped the starter motor engine turns over. ( on both 6&7 I did not fully start engine just got it to begin start, 7 had plenty of sparks)
8. Also checked air filter.
Before these checks,Last time I had it running recently the cut was lopsided, when I started all these checks,I also went to change the blades and found the right side blade had wire not quite as thick as a political sign frame wrapped around it and above the blade under the round spacer between the blade and the shaft. It took an hour and a half to clear. Recently replaced mower Drive belt and pulley brake (or engagement pad) but it ran after doing so.
Please help if possible, tried to give as much pertinent info as possible.