Hot!Rancher 50 too hard to pull

Author
krcaddis
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2016/07/21 18:05:48 (permalink)

Rancher 50 too hard to pull

my 20 year old husky sat fine for years, so I had it tuned, and  it's now too hard for me to pull with enough speed/force to start.  I used to start it on the ground, my fight foot in the throttle grip (20 years ago) to do it; now it's like the chain is locked by the kickback guard.  It's not; first thing I checked, and I can move the chain by hand to sharpen just fine.  It will run if I get a former football player to come over, but he's in WA now.

Anyone have any tricks?  

I live in California and have a couple cords in 5' lengths thanks to PG&E, a dozen or more down pines, same with standing dead pines, and as many dead oaks.  No one needs firewood - it's everywhere;  I gave away 6-8 cut and split cords last year, maybe as many 5' pieces.  I NEED MY SAW in case of a fire, preferably before.  Better yet, no fire, but I still need to lose the wood, plied and standing dead.  

2 Replies Related Threads

TRock
    • Total Posts : 23
    • Scores: 2
    Re: Rancher 50 too hard to pull 2016/07/22 10:12:09 (permalink)
    Remove the spark plug and see if it still is difficult to pull.  The cylinder might be scoured or bad bearings
    tom.seelbach
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    Re: Rancher 50 too hard to pull 2017/08/12 08:16:47 (permalink)
    KR, did you figure it out?    I have similar, old, 55 Rancher.  Same problem, but its slowly gotten worse over the years.  I discovered that the pull rope was binding, to the point now where the rope is jamed in the pulley.    I just ordered new rope and pulley.   If the rope winds up too deep in the pulley that will give you less leverage.  

Will let you know if the new rope/pulley help.
    -Tom
    Jump to:
    Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC