I'm beating my head up against a wall trying to figure out why my McCulloch MC200VS Leaf Blower won't crank. Until a few weeks ago, it cranked up every time if I followed the instructions by priming it, putting it on full choke, pulling 3x, putting it on half choke, and pulling 3x or 4x. But now it doesn't even try to crank. I have already tried/done the following, not in this order:
- replaced spark plug
- verified that spark is happening by grounding plug while pull-cranking
- cleaned air filter
- removed air filter completely and tried to crank
- sprayed a little starter fluid into carb and tried to crank
- replaced carburetor completely
- replaced fuel lines
- replaced fuel filter
- held thumb over spark plug hole while cranking...seems to have compression
- removed spark arrestor (entire muffler) and tried to crank...I read those can be clogged but mine seems fine
- replaced gas/oil mixture with fresh
Same result every time. No start. What else is there to try?
Thank you in advance.
Copyright © 1994 - 2016 Jacks Small Engine & Generator Service, LLC